The PEI Coalition for Proportional Representation is a network of community-based organizations and individuals convinced of the value of proportional representation as a creator of more democratic governments and as an instrument of advancing greater levels of democratic involvement, in general.
Purpose of the Coalition
The PEI Coalition for Proportional Representation’s founding aims:
- Increase citizens’ knowledge of PR.
- Highlight the community’s capacity to understand and help implement PR.
- Engage the community in productive, non-partisan, evidence-based dialogue about PR.
- Provide a safe respectable space for people to identify the sources of possible fears about PR and to overcome the fears.
- Encourage citizens to make their voices heard about the advantages of PR.
- Identify that not all voting options presented in the White Paper do not lead to PR, but are designed to produce a non-proportional, specific result.
For more information on the PEI Coalition for Proportional Representation, or if you are interested in becoming a member of the coalition, please send us an email.
Email address: email@example.com